Friday, 6 March 2015

5 Ways to Have a Healthy Body & Mind


I am no expert in anything health related but these are my tips, that don't require much at all, to keep healthy.


  1. Sleep. I am guilty of not sleeping enough, but I am really trying to. You should be aiming to sleep for at least 8 hours every night- which, when having this much revision to do, is hard. Also, don't try to jump straight into sleeping way more than you usual do. It takes a while for our bodies to adjust to new sleeping patterns. I think the best way is to gradually increase your sleeping hours. So, if you go to bed at half 11 every night, try going to bed at quarter past for a week, then 11, etc. Another tip I have is to switch off electronic devices an hour before you go to bed. Again do this gradually because I know the temptation to check twitter/instagram is so strong.

  2. Replace unhealthy food for healthy food. What I mean is specifically snacks. Instead of a bag of crisps, have fruit. Instead of a fizzy drink, try a smoothie. I'm not saying cut out junk food all together, but just reduce the amount you have. It's so much better for you, it gives you energy and makes you feel amazing.

  3. Drink water. The recommended amount of water you should drink per days depends on a number of factors: age, weight, height, how active you are, etc. But water makes up about 60% of your body weight and it is so important to drink enough. The most common 'rule' for drinking water is 8 glasses (about 2 litres) a day. I am someone who really does not drink enough and I'm trying to change this. Gradually (again). Also, it is so good for your skin.

  4. Exercise. I'm not talking about daily 5k runs or anything, just exercising for even a few minutes a day is so beneficial and makes you feel great. I've recently started yoga, which is amazing, and I also do dance. I try to have mini workouts nearly every day (I have rest days so not everyday) and I can honestly say it makes me feel so much better. 

  5. Positive mindset. I can be either extremely pessimistic or extremely optimistic - there isn't really an in between. I worry way too much and get anxious pretty easily. But, I'm trying to be generally more positive. I had a really shitty week last week and, on Sunday (which just so happened to be the 1st of March), I decided to stop thinking so negatively and focus on things that would make me feel better. I'm trying to do all of the above things and also keep focused and ahead in my revision. I think if I'm prepared for my exams they should not go so badly. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe