Friday, 6 February 2015

Get Ready With Me - My Everyday Makeup Routine

Hello makeup free, unbrushed hair me. 
Aaaand, hello me with makeup and brushed hair.

So, this is going to be a very photo heavy post. I'm basically doing a "get ready with me" video in photo form. 
Before I start, I would like to make one comment. I like makeup, I like wearing it and I like collecting (?) it. That being said, I also
consider myself a feminist and hate the assumption that feminists can't/shouldn't wear makeup. Firstly, I do not wear makeup for anyone but myself. It is something that I enjoy and gives me confidence and the ability to express myself.
Sorry for that little rant but it had to be said! Here goes.
This is my "everyday makeup routine". This is pretty much (although I sometimes change a few items; eyeshadow, concealer etc.) my current makeup routine that I wear for school/weekends.  

Primer! I'm currently switching between Benefit's POREfessional primer and Maybelline's Baby Skin primer.  Both are good and I may do a comparison post at some point (I know, there is so many, but maybe some of you want my opinion? Possibly)?
Anyway, I used POREfessional this time. I apply primer, usually with my fingers or a foundation brush, depending on how I'm feeling.

On to foundation. I had to post the second picture because the face I'm pulling just makes me laugh. Subconscious posing. Anyway, I'm currently using the Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation in two shades. Yes, I said two shades. I use mainly the shade "Ivory" but also add a teeny bit of the shade "True Ivory" just to give me a bit of colour. I really do like this foundation, it literally "wakes me up" and leaves my skin looking even and dewy. I apply my foundation with the Real Techniques Expert Face Brush which is just a great brush for applying foundation.
Neeext, concealer! My little lifesaver. I'm currently using Soap & Glory Kickass Concealer in "medium" which is too dark for me but whatever, there was none in the shade "light" and this isn't an awful match at all when blended. However, I have hit pan (it's empty, seriously) so I needed another concealer and luckily, I picked up the Maybelline Eraser Eye Concealer in the shade "light" last weekend. Definitely looking forward to finally trying that out. With the Kickass Concealer I find it easier to blend with my fingers than a brush. The under eye concealer on this is probably the best thing about it. It's got great, long-lasting coverage.  

Setting powder next. I just used the one (again you can see exactly how empty this is) that comes with the Kickass concealer. I always try to set my makeup, it just makes it last that much longer. I use  the Buffing Brush from the Real Techniques Core Collection to apply this.

Eyebrows, eyebrows, eyebrows. Although, looking back at this, I'm pretty sure I did my eyebrows before setting my base, oops. I've mentioned a couple of times before that I use the Soap & Glory Archery Pencil & Brush to do my eyebrows. I love this. So much. It's just so good. I use the shade "Blondshell" which is a good match for me. The only problem with this product actually, is the lack of shades.

Onto the eyes. I used three shades from my Benefit Cutie Cravings set. I talked about this, and another set, in this post. However, you can also buy the shades separately here. For my base shade I used "Nude Swings", for my outer crease I used "Thanks A Latte" and to highlight, "It's Complicated". Wow, I do love the names. I like these eyeshadows, the lasting power is quite good, but would definitely be better with primer. The pigment is good though. I especially love "Thanks A Latte". For eyeshadow I use, (can you tell I like Real Techniques), the "Base Shadow Brush" and the "Deluxe Crease Brush" both from the Real Techniques Starter Set

For mascara, I'm still loving Benefit's They're Real mascara. I like the applicator and find that it is not at all lumpy. There's not much else to say about this except that I like it a lot.

Finally, as I mainly wear this look to school I just put on some lip balm. I'm a bit of a lip balm hoarder and I really like the EOS ones, but I couldn't find mine, so I opted for the "Mint Fresh" Maybelline Baby Lips. This is kind of the first-and-last step of my makeup routine as I also apply lip balm right after my morning skin care routine.

So, here's my finished look, I hope you like it!
Oh, and then I brushed my hair.

10 comments:

  1. I love reading everyday make up posts, love how you have set it out, lots of photographs is good! You have gorgeous hair!

    Amy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! I love reading them too so I thought I'd give it a go!X

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such an interesting post! I wear makeup however not a huge amount of it so it is great to see how other people do their makeup. Ps. I agree with Amy you have gorgeous hair xx

    Another Teen On The Web

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks! Yeah, I always find it so interesting seeing how other people do their makeup. And thanks again about the hair!X

    ReplyDelete
  5. So simple and natural. I love it! xx


    from18tolife.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey love, i have nominated you for the liebster award on my blog, hope you care to join :)
    http://colorsinmybubble.blogspot.sg/2015/02/liebster-award.html

    Xo
    Colorsinmybubble.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ugh, I love your eyebrows and your makeup is really natural and pretty! :-))


    -Emma
    http://dysaniacmind.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have such a love-hate relationship with my eyebrows haha! Thank you so much!X

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nahhh your eyebrows look amazing even without makeup, girl! ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Subscribe