Monday, 23 February 2015

20 Before 20 - Teenage Bucket List


For a few years now I've had jumbled up bucket lists in multiple scrap books. So, I decided I'd rewrite them and group together 20 things I would like to do before I'm 20, which gives me just under 4 years to complete them. Just as I wrote that last sentence it hit me that I'm going to be 20 in less than 4 years! Crazy.

Also, I'd just like to say that this is absolutely not a "you have to do these things or your life will be void of any meaning" kind of list,
instead it's just some things that I've wanted to do for ages. Many of these can be done after I'm 20 and it would be completely fine if I don't manage to complete them all!

Oh, and there is no order to these.

  1. Road trip - For years and years I have wanted to go on a road trip with my friends. Also, I want it to be spontaneous, no planned destinations, just see where we end up. Maybe roll a dice or something. I also want to have a limited budget to see how far we can get.
  2. Go electronic free for 24 hours - I mean, fully electronic free - like not just phones/computers, everything
  3. Get a job - Earn money for myself, not much to say about this.
  4. Get driver's license - Again not much to say, hopefully I will pass and then I can go on my road trip!
  5. Pass GCSEs (good grades) - So, I mean getting As. Maybe not all, but I am aiming for at least 8 As or above (I'm doing 10 GCSEs), it's pretty high but those are my goals.
  6. Pass A levels/IB (good grades) - I am undecided on whether I'm going to do A level or the IB yet, but what ever I end up doing, I would like to get good results and go to university.
  7. Volunteer [completed] - I volunteered for 6 months as part of my Duke of Edinburgh award in a British Heart Foundation shop.
  8. Go to a festival - Please, please, pleeeease! As you may have already realised, I'm very into music and I have wanted to go to a festival for ever.
  9. Get into yoga - I'm actually starting yoga on Thursday so I will keep you updated!
  10. Get ears pierced [completed] - I finally went and got my ears pierced last Tuesday actually, and now I want a second piercing so I should probably change this one!
  11. Try new exotic food - I love the idea of trying foods from all different cultures, if I like it, I like it, if I don't, well, I'll see.
  12. Make a video and upload to YouTube - We'll see if this ever happens. I'd like to, but I don't know.
  13. Get a tattoo - I don't mean a random tattoo, I mean a well thought through one. Already have a few ideas, and I know some people love to say "what about when you're old" but firstly I only want a small one, and secondly, even if I wanted a sleeve or something, why think about the future? It's years off.
  14. Go on holiday with friends - Not one of those crazy holidays (although, I'm pretty sure it will happen at some point), I mean like a holiday completely planned by us, where we can be independent and just have fun.
  15. Take family for dinner and pay - When I finally get a job and earn some money, I really want to do this.
  16. Try extreme sport (sky dive) - Not necessarily sky diving, but that's definitely up there.
  17. Meet One Direction - Unlikely. This is probably the hardest of them all to be honest! Has anyone tried to meet those boys? It's difficult. Wishful thinking I suppose.
  18. Vote - When I can finally do this, why not?
  19. Enter lottery - I can actually do this now but haven't got round to it.
  20. Travel (backpacking/train) - I would love to go backpacking or around Europe (or somewhere else) on a train with a limited budget. It just seems so fun and such an amazing experience. I also want to go to the Maldives SO badly.
That's my list, if any of you have anything like this or just a few things you'd love to do, I'd love to hear from you!

4 comments:

  1. Dude, I'd love to get into yoga (seems daunting to go alone as no one I know wants to try it out) and go travelling with my friends one day! Hope you get your bucket list fulfilled aaaand that you awesome grades on your GCSEs of course! :-))


    -Emma

    ReplyDelete
  2. KIRSTY WE WILL MEET ONE DIRECTION DONT WORRY...I WILL MAKE IT HAPPEN :) And there are so many on this list I want to do to haha, love this post :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe just try one yoga session out and see, or there are SO many great yoga things on YouTube! Thanks so much!X

    ReplyDelete
  4. WE HAVE TO! ONE DAY! Thank you Ellie :) xx

    ReplyDelete

Subscribe