Friday, 16 January 2015

Recent Purchases



As I said in my last post, this is going to be about what I bought on my shopping trip last Saturday.

Firstly, I picked up the Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation in the shade Ivory as I previously had the shade True Ivory which is a bit
too dark for me. I really like this foundation, it does exactly what is says and "wakes up" my skin. I would say it's medium coverage and I use this as my everyday foundation. I like the finish it's not matte and is natural looking. I have combination skin and this does not make me look oily and also does not cause dryness or breakouts. Obviously, this may not work for everyone and also, to prevent breakouts and dryness you should make sure to cleanse, exfoliate and moisturise. Oh, and by the way, it is currently on offer in Boots for £5.99!

In my last post I also mentioned that me and Petek found a cute little street somewhere in the back streets by Oxford Street. There was a Lush store on the street and it just looked so inviting that I had to make an unplanned visit and make some also-unplanned purchases. I bought the Honey Bee Bath Bomb and the Kiss Lip Scrub. It occurred to me last week that I've never actually used a Lush bath bomb, can you believe it? I can't be the only one, can I? So, I decided I would try one out and as soon as I smelt the Honey Bee one, I fell in love. I'm going to have a mini-pamper session this weekend so I will tell you how it goes. The Kiss lip scrub smelt really nice in the shop but its actually very unusual. It has a weird taste, it's both sweet and salty, which I don't think I like that much. This is a shame as I absolutely love the lip scrubs from Lush. However, I'm still going to use this but just make sure to wash it all off after use. It works so well, just like all the lip scrubs, the taste just isn't for me.

I finally bought the Topshop Black Joni Jeans that I have been wanting for like, ever. This is my second pair of Joni jeans and I want about 5 more (oops). I just love the way these jeans fit me as I can never seem to find a pair of jeans that fits me at the hips and at the waist. I also think they just look really nice and can be dressed up or down.

My final purchases were two of these Acrylic Pots from Muji, which I will be using to store my make up brushes. Yay for being more organised! That's actually one of my goals for 2015, to be more organised. That actually reminds me, I also bought a refill pad of lined paper. Here comes 10 hours of revision a week.

5 comments:

  1. Wonderful post :) thanks for sharing x


    www.sheintheknow.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! Thanks for reading xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never tried the Rimmel wake me up foundation as only 5.99 at the moment I may have to pick it up :)

    Emily http://idontknxw.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just got The Kiss Lip Scrub. I love the sprinkles in it :-)
    Laura | A Life With Frills

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know! I think it looks so pretty and works SO well, but I just can't get used to the taste!X

    ReplyDelete

Subscribe