Friday, 2 January 2015

Not-so-inner Fangirl.


5SOS - 04/03/14

Little Mix (awful quality photo) - 25/05/14
One Direction (look how close I got!) - 07/06/14

Rita Ora at Capital FMs Summertime Ball (yes, I actually took this photo) - 21/06/14
Meeting Alfie (what is my hand doing?) - 06/09/14
The 1975 (awful quality photo again, I think these are courtesy of my iPod) - 01/10/14

The Vamps at BBC Radio 1 Teen Choice Awards - 19/10/14

Before I start this post I want to say that I am in no way bragging, I have saved up for months, been in online queues, cried
a few times and searched for hours trying to get tickets to all the events I am going to talk about.

2014 was kind of amazing in terms of concerts. I'll start at the beginning. My first concert of the year was my loves, 5 Second of Summer (who I have actually seen 3 times this year oops) on the 4th of March. I went with my friend Ronni, and we were standing (my first standing concert) at the O2 Shepherd's Bush Empire. It was after school so we got there at around 4:30pm and queued for about 2 and a half hours. The concert was amazing, being a smaller venue meant that I didn't feel like I was going to be sick/faint whilst standing (we will get to that) and it was honestly just brilliant. The only bad part was when everyone started pushing so much in the standing section that I was literally off the ground and the security (and 5SOS on a couple of occasions) had to threaten to stop the show if people did not stop. Other than that though, it was so fun and the opening act Mike Dignam, was also really good, you should definitely check him out.

My second concert of the year was Little Mix on the 25th of May at the O2. I was with my friend (who I have mentioned before) Petek and the O2 is seated, which was good. The concert was a lot of fun (except for being boiling hot) and Little Mix were amazing.

My third concert is up there as the best (and, in fact, worst) experience of my life. On the 7th of June, after waiting over a year, I was seeing One Direction again.
As you may or may not know I am the literal definition of a fangirl when it comes to those 5 boys. I love them and before you ask, yes I am one of those delusional fans who will queue up for hours to see them.
And I did.
Accompanied by my friends Holly and (again) Petek, we waited for over 7 hours in, what I can only describe as torrential downpour followed by 30 degree sun. We went from sitting in ponchos, to being completely sun burnt. Worth it? Definitely.
Except for the fact that when we finally got into Wembley Stadium at about five thirty, we had to wait hours before 5SOS came on and then a few more hours for One Direction themselves.
I'm going to tell you right now that standing amongst thousands (literally, Wembley holds 90,000 people) of fans in the heat is not fun. I have realised that I don't necessarily do particularly well in those situations.
So, I was sitting on the floor in the middle of the standing section in Wembley Stadium. It was awful, but I was going to pass out (I am actually quite sure that I did black out once or twice whilst sitting there. It was horrible). But then finally 5SOS came on. They were incredible as per usual, and I managed to enjoy their performance, except for the fact that I really needed the toilet (of course this would happen to me). After 5SOS' performance I knew I had to go and find a toilet, I was desperate, but the only way out was to be lifted by security guards.
So that happened.
It wasn't fun but I knew I wouldn't enjoy One Direction's performance if I didn't get taken out. Then came the absolute worst thing I have ever done in my life. The queue for the toilets was not that long so I got back into the standing section about 5 minutes later. But, as you can see from the pictures, I was very close to the front, right hand side of my section. The only way to get back to my friends was to push. I can honestly say that was the worst thing I have ever done. I felt like I was going to cry.  Finally, after encountering some very rude people (understandable I suppose), I got back to my friends. 
Then they came on.
I was so close and I cannot put into words how phenomenal they were. Every single song was perfect, they were all so perfect, and (I know he probably didn't but let me have my moment) I swear Harry stuck his tongue out at me. Also Liam pointed right towards our part of the section we were in (that did happen, I have evidence). It was one of the best nights of my life but lets just say that next time I will not be standing.

Two weeks after this, I was back at Wembley with Holly and my friend Aimee, for Capital FMs Summertime Ball. I again had standing tickets, but it wasn't so bad as a lot of people were sitting down whilst waiting for the acts to come on. For me the highlights were definitely Ed Sheeran (his voice), 5SOS (again), Union J and David Guetta, although whilst typing this so many other names are popping into my head, Jessie J was especially good. Oh, and not forgetting Miley. That was an experience.

My fifth concert was on October the 1st at Alexandra Palace. Myself and five others went to see The 1975. They were incredible, it's a smaller venue so standing was fine, and it was honestly just a really fun night (apart from the two tall girls who stood in front of us trying to 'find their friends'). I really want to see them again.

Finally, and very last minute, I got tickets to the BBC Radio 1 Teen Awards. I was hoping to see 5SOS again but Ashton was ill so they had to cancel, but it was still really good. It's an awards show with music prizes but also prizes for teen heroes. The event itself was lovely and all the performances were really good, specifically The Vamps ft Shawn Mendes.

So, yeah, just some of the reasons why I now have no money left, but definitely worth it. Oh! And I met Alfie (PointlessBlog) he was so sweet and must have been boiling, I did ask if he was okay, in that room. 

It can be a bit horrible at times but I suppose I kind of love being a fangirl. Let's see what 2015 brings.

And guys! I just got tickets to One Direction On The Road Again Tour for September! And it's seated! I can't wait! 

4 comments:

  1. Finally someone who shares my live for concerts and live music! None of my friends appreciate it as much as I do. You're such a lucky duck and the tour hard work and commitment paid off- don't know how I would be after a 7 hour wait!
    Do you mind if I steal this idea and write a blog post about my experiences?

    Esmee x
    ezzlepops.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love concerts, but yes the 7 hour wait was very stressful! And of course I don't mind at all! I'll definitely be looking forward to it!
    Kirsty X

    ReplyDelete

Subscribe