Friday, 30 January 2015

Blogger Awards and Get To Know Me Better?




Over the past few weeks I have been nominated for both the "Versatile Blogger Award" and the "Liebster Award". I was so happy to be nominated, it made me feel like people were actually reading, and enjoying, my blog!


So, I was nominated for the Versatile Blogger Award by the lovely Maddy from Efflorescence and Dreams. Again, I'm just going to say thank you! Your blog is great and so are you, thank you!  
The Versatile Blogger Award is an award where you nominate 15 of your favourite bloggers to keep it going and share 7 facts about yourself. Hence, the get to know me better.
Here are my 7 facts:
- I love stationery, like, so much.
- I really want to eat healthier but I have an addiction to Cadbury's Crunchie Rocks. 
- My favourite ever drink is probably the "super green juice" from Wagamama even though it has celery in, which I hate.
- I really like social sciencey/humanity kind of subjects and think I want to continue studying them in the future (philosophy, psychology, sociology).
- However, I've always loved fashion and beauty so who knows where I'll end up.
- I'm half South African and half Scottish.
- I love dance and have been in dance classes/companies since I was 4, I've done all sorts; ballet, tap, street and contemporary. I still do contemporary which is probably my all time favourite. 

The Liebster Award is an award which allows bloggers to discover other new and upcoming blogs! I was nominated by the brilliant Laurel from a little piece of driftwood. Thank you so much! This means a lot and I love your blog! For this award you have to answer the person who nominated you's questions and then nominate 11 new bloggers (with less than 200 followers) and create 11 questions for them to answer! 
So here goes:
1. What are your new year's resolutions and have you been keeping them?
  • Drink more water - I have kind of been keeping this, but I need a new water bottle, I'm quite keen on the Bobble Bottles but I'm not sure yet so I'm still looking.
  • Eat healthy - I mean, I'm trying, but as I said before I have an addiction to Cadbury's Crunchie Rocks, it's an issue.
  • Blog regularly - Yes! I'm doing so well with this and enjoying it so much! 
  • Revise properly - Again, I'm doing a lot better with this, still quite hard but I'm a lot more organised.
  • Stay organised - Linked to the above two; I'd say I was doing pretty well.
  • Exercise more - Meh, I try.
I think that's it!

2. What is your favourite quote?
There is literally so many! Here's a few:
  • "When you have exhausted all possibilities, remember this: You haven't." - Thomas Edison
  • "Creativity is intelligence having fun." - Einstein
  • "I'm in love with cities I've never been to and people I've never met." - John Green, Paper Towns
  • "Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."
3. Who is your favourite actor/actress?
Favourite actors/actresses:
  • Ansel Elgort because "The Fault In Our Stars", oh my gosh.
  • Jennifer Lawrence 
  • ChloĆ« Grace Moretz
  • Keira Knightley 
  • Leonardo DiCaprio - I had to!
4. Do you prefer music or reading?
Music, absolutely! 

5. Which is your favourite item of clothing in your wardrobe?
Ah! I actually don't know! I love my coat and also two dresses and a playsuit (that I cannot find on the website, sorry) from Urban Outfitters. But there's so much more! Like my Vagabond Dioon boots and not forgetting my beloved Dr Martens.

6. Where in the world would you most like to live and why?
I really don't know! I have phases of wanting to move to New York or Barbados or any random place on the earth, but then I think actually, I quite love London. I'm a city girl. We'll see.

7. Do you believe in soulmates?
Yeah I suppose, but I like this thing I saw or Tumblr that said soul mates don't necessarily have to be romantic partners. I think that's a nice thought.

8. Who was the first person you thought of this morning?
I honestly have no clue, I was trying, and failing, to get to school for 7:30 am.

9. What was your favourite subject in school?
Still in school, I'd say sociology but if we're talking core subjects then probably maths. Yes, I like maths, I know.

10. What do you love most about yourself?
I love my stubbornness and how passionate I am about things I care about. I know loving my stubbornness seems so weird and it can sometimes get me into arguments, which I hate, but I love the fact that I am able to stand my ground in situations when I'm trying to make a point. This kind of links to the passionate thing. Like, I'm  good at debates and if it gets to a discussion about things I care about I will argue for ever.
I also quite like my hair.

11. What inspired you to start a blog?
Reading loads of other blogs, like Zoella , Lily Pebbles, Vivianna Does Makeup and Inthefrow to name a few. But also because I just wanted something fun and productive to spend my time on and I absolutely love it.

So now, for the nominations. Okay, so here is where I've cheated a bit. I've done the two awards together so I'm going to nominate the following people because I love all of your blogs. I apologise if you have been nominated for any of these awards before, but oh well! Here's another nomination. If you've been nominated for one before you can just do the other one, but if you haven't you can do both or choose! 

My nominations:

There's a variety of different blogs here, I'd love you all to check them out!

And my questions for you:

  1. What are your future goals?
  2. What is your favourite food - sweet and savoury?
  3. Top 3 movies?
  4. Something that really annoys you?
  5. Favourite place in the world?
  6. Song that relates to your life?
  7. Piercings you have and/or want?
  8. Favourite beauty product at the moment?
  9. Number one thing on your bucket list?
  10. Favourite blogger and/or youtuber?
  11. What made you want to start blogging?

2 comments:

Subscribe